So, you’ve got your shopfitting basics set and now you need a shop display that will draw customers in and create a lovely focal point within your store. Of course, we know the best place to buy these sorts of shop displays is Valentino’s Displays. So, let’s talk about why!
How to Buy Shop Display Supplies
There are lots of different ways you can create displays in your store. The first thing to do is decide what kind of display you want. According to Vend by Lightspeed, “Retail displays and visual merchandising are — and will always be — essential in driving attention and conversions in brick-and-mortar retail.”
The website goes on to list some fantastic shop display ideas, including:
- Immersive Displays: If you are selling coats, create a display that emulates the environment you might want to wear a coat in. You could paint the wall a cold colour, add a sign, and maybe even include a gentle wind machine (don’t make it too cold or your customers won’t want to come in!)
- Green Displays: Add some green plants to your display to create the most beautiful scenery. Plants instantly elevate a design while also helping to purify the air and promoting an inviting atmosphere. If you have camouflage clothing to sell, the plants could help set the right tone.
- Cross Displays: Want to promote accessories and trousers at the same time? Make sure you pair matching designs in your shop display, and you’ll sell twice as many items as customers see how well they go together.
- Child-Friendly Displays: If you sell kids’ clothes or anything for children, try to build interactive displays they’ll love. Not only does this make the shopping experience stress-free for the parents (so they are better able to browse and spend money), but it will also encourage more sales with the secret weapon of ‘pester-power’ as the children realise how much they want the products you have on display.
- Portable Displays: If you have a smaller store, a portable display gives you a little more flexibility with the space. You can put it up when you have less stock and take it away when you need more items on the shop floor. If space is an issue, make sure you promote fewer items more effectively. This should always be your star item and one or two matching items only.
- Seasonal Displays: It is important to be different, but you can’t just ignore the seasons! So, bring something new to your Christmas display. Or brighten up your Easter design with some sparkle or unusual props. Think: on-trend but with an exciting twist.
Don’t forget that shop displays don’t have to be big, bold, and in the centre of the room. Every time you put something on a shelf or hanger, you should be considering how it looks. It is a great idea to categorize items across your store so they look neater. Colour coordinating things has a dramatic impact on the overall effect of your shop while having sections for different types of items makes it easier for customers to find what they are looking for.
Ensure there is plenty of space around your items too so that customers can easily make their way around and give all your products the attention they deserve. If customers have to fight for space, they’ll pass by things that they might have bought otherwise.
Eye-catching Retail and Shop Displays for Sale
So, what items do you need to create an effective store display? This will depend completely on the type of products you sell. But some of the items might include:
- Card and gift stands: While these might not be the most creative displays, they really do help your cards and literature stand out in a busy shop environment. If you are a gift shop that sells greetings cards, or a tourist information centre that offers free brochures for local attractions, then these are a must-have for your store.
- Clothes rails: These don’t have to be the focal part of your display, but they should be nearby and full of the clothes you are promoting on the display so that your customers know exactly where to find those items that they didn’t know they needed until they entered your shop.
- Display counters: If the items you sell are valuable, you might not want them to be displayed where all your customers can touch them. Our display counters are great because they ensure your items get the attention they deserve without being touched by lots of fingers. Just make sure you always have a sales assistant close by, so that customers can ask for more information or to buy items that they love.
- Mannequins: No clothing display is complete without a mannequin or two. If you are short of space, then one mannequin showing off your star outfit and matching accessories will be fine. If you are lucky enough to have room to play with, get creative! Mannequins come in all shapes and sizes so you can create an inclusive display that depicts a scene or brings your dummy characters to life! And the more mannequins you have, the more of your garments you can show off at once!
After that, you can really get creative. Add props and accessories that enhance the message your shop display is trying to convey. Make it as eye-catching as possible, and you can almost guarantee higher profits as a result!
Don’t Be Afraid to Recycle your Displays!
While you’ll want the best framework for your displays, it can really pay off to reuse and recycle props that you already have. You can upcycle old pieces of furniture and give them a new look that matches your display and really think outside of the box with your look. If you’ve not got the perfect item, scour second-hand stores. Not only does this save you a bit of money, but it might provide inspiration that you would never have had otherwise.
Most shop displays stand on the floor, but you could have items hanging from the ceiling into the center of the room. You could have mannequins climbing the sides of your store or standing on top of each other, cheerleader style (with a very supportive structure in place!). To stand out, your displays need to be different to what everyone else has. That is why second-hand items can be perfect. You know for sure that your competitor next door won’t be doing the same thing!
With that in mind, don’t be afraid to get crafty either. If you’ve got an idea and you think you can make it yourself, go for it! If it doesn’t work out, nobody has to know. But if it does, you’ll have the most unique display on the whole high street!
Why Valentino’s Displays is the Best Place to Buy Shop Fittings
If you are looking to buy shop display supplies, there is no better place than Valentino’s. Of course, we would say that! But you only have to look at our reviews to see that it is true.
Our customers love our products and the value they bring to their retail spaces. They appreciate the high-quality design and low prices, as well as the sheer number of products that we have on sale. This makes us a one-stop shop for everything you might need for your store. From shop displays for sale to simple things like hangers, baskets, and shelving, we have it all!
Great Savings with FREE Delivery on Shop Displays!
Our customers also really appreciate our premium customer service. Antonio is known for his keenness to go above and beyond for his customers. Like something you see but want it in a different colour? Antonio can do that for you. Or perhaps you have a new shop and don’t know where to start. Antonio is an expert, and he can talk you through it all. Our entire customer service team is always just at the end of the phone or ready to respond to your emails as soon as possible.
Finally, our great service doesn’t end with your purchase. We offer FREE delivery on orders over £100, as well as bulk discounts and a 14-day money-back guarantee. We know these kinds of shopping perks help you to buy with confidence, knowing that you can return anything that isn’t right. Or if you’ve simply changed your mind. So, what are you waiting for? You wanted to know where to buy shop fittings? Get to Valentino’s Display’s online shop now!