How much you spend on your mannequin head with shoulders will depend on several things. Your budget, the material the mannequin is made from, the quality of construction, and additional features. Generally, you could be paying anything from £15 to £250, although the fibreglass version at Valentino’s Displays is £39.95 – a reasonable price that you can expect to pay.
If you are looking for a mannequin head that can survive a busy retail environment, then fibreglass is a great option, as it is strong, durable, and attractive. These mannequin styles do tend to look more beautiful as they are easier to mould with realistic features. As you might imagine, not all fibreglass mannequin heads with shoulders are made equal. Let’s take a look at the production process.
How Are Mannequin Heads Made?
The process starts with a lump of clay, which is moulded into the shape required, complete with facial features. A cast is taken of the final clay masterpiece which is used to recreate the design in fibreglass.
The fibreglass is poured into the mould and left to set. This part is what sets some of the lower-quality mannequin heads with shoulders apart from the higher-quality ones. The best mannequins have several layers of fibreglass, allowing them to set in between pours to create a far more durable structure that is unlikely to crack or break.
When the moulding process is complete, each mannequin head is removed from its cast and sanded down to create a smooth finish. It can then be painted in whichever colour the client requires.
It is a long process, made longer by adding more layers of fibreglass. This extra time and material will push up the price of your mannequin head with shoulders.
The process may differ slightly when using other materials, but this is the basic system that works well in most cases.
What Are Some Alternative Materials?
Fibreglass is the most popular material for mannequins for a good reason – it creates an impressive design and is strong. But there are other options you might like to consider.
- Plastic is a great alternative if your primary goal is to have a mannequin that will withstand a busy shop where it might get pushed or bashed with bags. Plastic skull heads are one of the most durable options and are far cheaper than some other choices. However, it doesn’t have that fashion finish that is important to many.
- Wood was the first material to be crafted into a mannequin shape. It is very durable and has an incredibly pleasing aesthetic, offering a high-end look for your retail store. However, wooden mannequin heads are heavy, and it can be difficult to get the lifelike finish that some people want. It is also very expensive.
- Polystyrene mannequin head with shoulders is the cheapest option, most popular with wig designers due to the fact that pins can be placed into the material without permanently damaging the structure. If you are trying to promote a high-end fashion aesthetic, however, this might not be the material for you.
Why Do You Need a Mannequin Head with Shoulders?
After looking at the prices and options, you might be wondering if shoulders are really an important part of your display process anyway. There are plenty of mannequin heads out there that don’t have shoulders.
Shoulders really only add a small amount of extra material to your mannequin, so the difference in price for a mannequin with shoulders and one without is not actually that huge. At Valentino’s our fibreglass mannequin head with shoulders is the same price as our mannequin head without!
So, adding shoulders is really a personal choice. It makes little difference to your budget, but you might prefer the look of shoulders. It adds a realistic edge to your display that is attractive and lets chokers, necklaces, and scarves sit more naturally.
If, however, you intend to place your mannequin head on top of a headless mannequin at any point, the shoulders will get in the way. In this case, you’ll be better off choosing one without shoulders.
Why Do You Need a Mannequin Head At All?
When it comes to displaying accessories that sit on the head, like necklaces, hats, wigs, scarves, ties, etc, there is no better way than using a mannequin head. It doesn’t matter how else you try and display these items; they just won’t sell as well as when they are displayed on a mannequin head with shoulders. Some even have holes for earrings, so you can show them off too!
When it comes to selling items such as wigs, it is impossible to display these accurately without a stand. According to Simply Wigs, a mannequin head allows for a prettier shape of the wig so that the hair falls naturally and people can see what it might look like on their own head.
This is the same for hats – customers can see how they are supposed to fit properly. Meanwhile, a mannequin head with shoulders can more accurately depict the length of a necklace than one without.
Mannequin heads also act as a signpost in your store, with an eye-catching look that effortlessly shows customers where the accessory section is.
Why You Should Choose One from Valentino’s?
Now that you know the various options, you can simply go and buy your mannequin head. There are hundreds of retailers on the market selling mannequin heads in a variety of different qualities. But we believe that Valentino’s Displays is the only supplier worth buying from. That’s because:
- Our products are very well made – they will last the test of time and serve your business well.
- Our products are priced competitively – without compromising on quality, we have priced our items as low as we possibly can. Your mannequin head with shoulders will have paid for itself in no time at all!
- We have a great range of products – we have so many mannequins! Our website currently only shows one mannequin head with shoulders, which makes it easier if you are unsure of what you want and would prefer to avoid the decision-making process. But, if you want something different to what you can see on our website, we can make you a bespoke model that will perfectly fit your needs.
- Our customer service team are amazing – no problem is too small, and no question is silly. We are here to help no matter what it is that you need.
- We offer wholesale discounts – the more you buy, the cheaper it gets! This is just one of the few perks of buying in bulk with us.
FREE delivery on a Mannequin Head with Shoulders
We also offer free delivery on orders over £100 and a 14-day money-back guarantee that helps you to buy with confidence. All this helps to keep the cost of your mannequin head with shoulders to a minimum, so you can make more money and get the most value from your purchase with us.